cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad

I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad

normbay
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Frequently I find two copies of a file imported to Notability on iPad after export from Dropbox - only tapping once, then tapping OK after link message.
What am I doing wrong, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @normbay

Could you please also clarify for us if you directly export the files to the third party app?

Do you by any chance get duplicates when you export to another location on your iPad too?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

42 Replies 42

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @normbay,

That sounds strange indeed!

Can you just ensure for me that you have the most up to date version of the Dropbox app on your iPad? 

Also, can you confirm that you're following the exact steps for exporting as below:

1. Launch the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap â€¦ (ellipsis) beside or under the file you'd like to export.
  3. Tap Export and select the Notability app.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

normbay
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

THOUGHT I'D REPLIED TO THIS ALREADY.

YES, UP TO DATE, AND THAT IS HOW I DID IT.

BUT I THEN TRIED IMPORTING IN NOTABILITY FROM DROPBOX...AND THAT WORKED WITHOUT DUPLICATES. HMMM.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @normbay

Could you please also clarify for us if you directly export the files to the third party app?

Do you by any chance get duplicates when you export to another location on your iPad too?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

SH64
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I also have this problem when exporting from Dropbox to notability. This does not occur with any other app and also does not occur when importing in notability from Dropbox.

StricklandLaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Mine is doing this as well.  I have standard folders I want to save the notes into and select them, but then when I go to my dropbox in other locations it has created a new set of files to save into and not my standard files.  Cannot figure out why this is happening.  There is no fix above

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SH64 and @StricklandLaw, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, could you give me the exact steps you follow that result in this behavior? 

A screenshot of this (without any personal info) would also be very helpful. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

StricklandLaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sure! When I am in my note in Notability on my iPad, I press the Send To Button and select Dropbox.  In the Dropbox folder section I select the folder I want to save it to.  It allows me to select the subfolder from my Active Files folder in Dropbox that I want to save it in (I have no problem toggling to and finding the folder I want to save it into from my Dropbox files.) I select a PDF format, All page ranges, no Paper or Recordings or Page Margin Selected.  When hit "Send to Dropbox", it then saves it in a newly created subfolder in Dropbox, not the folder I designated but an exact copy of that subfolder under my Active files.  I'm not sure I can screenshot this, but essentially it is recreating the same folder I asked it to save into under my Active Files and saving it separately intead of just sending it to that exact folder.  It does not save in both places, only the one new location with the same sub-folder designation as that which I selected from my Ipad.  

StricklandLaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

In further testing this, I am realizing that it is only doing this when I save it as a PDF and not when saved as a "note."  However, I need to be able to save them as PDFs. I also do not have this problem with the dropbox link with my Adobe Acrobat App.  From Adobe Acrobat I can alter PDFs or save them in my designated dropbox folders and subfolders with no problems.   

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the detailed reply, @StricklandLaw

Out of curiosity, are you able to disconnect and reconnect Notability to the Dropbox mobile app? Maybe that will do the trick. :thinking:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cmullisjr New member | Level 2
    cmacminn Explorer | Level 4
    Valery A New member | Level 2
    normbay Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?