cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad

I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad

normbay
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Frequently I find two copies of a file imported to Notability on iPad after export from Dropbox - only tapping once, then tapping OK after link message.
What am I doing wrong, please?

42 Replies 42

lmbdev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also have the problem of duplicate copies of documents when exporting from Dropbox to Notability on iPad. My steps:

On iPad, in Dropox app: open a .pdf or .docx, select export from dropdown menu, select Notability. It "creates a link," then 2 files of the document appear with various options: Add to "xyz notability document" [that is, add to a pre-existing notability doc], create separate notes, create single note [both identical documents are combined into one], add to another note. It shows a mini version of the doc I'm exporting, underneath which it says "2 files."

I choose "Create Separate Notes." I then see options for both notes: title, subject (file), pages. I can change the options on the first, or simple hit next for the second. then I "import". And I receive screen message: "2 files sent to Notability" and press "done."

If I start from the Notability app instead, and import a .docx or .pdf from Dropbox, I don't have this problem of duplicate docs.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lmbdev, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd be happy to help look into this, so I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile. 

When you get the chance, please check your inbox and we'll go from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

StricklandLaw
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am also still having the same issue as the user above.  If you come up with a solution will you please post to the thread?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @StricklandLaw, I'd be happy to send you a ticket as well, if you'd like. :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SomersetJames
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello.

I'm having this exact problem on my Ipad Pro, from Exporting from Dropbox to Notability. It's pretty annoying. I'm just following all the regular steps, and now it's always giving me duplicates in the one Notability file. Please keep me posted on a solution.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @SomersetJames

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue too. I’d be happy to create a support ticket for you, if you’d like. 

Let me know!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

SomersetJames
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What's a support ticket? Sorry, v new to this.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SomersetJames, a support ticket is basically an email conversation that you can have with a support agent. They have access to account details and support resources that we don’t have over this public platform. 

What will happen is that one of our agents will email you at the address associated with your Community profile. Once you reply to them via email from the same email address, your ownership of the Dropbox account will have been verified, and our colleague will be able to assist you further. 

Let me know!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

SK66
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Lusil:

'Were you able to help @Imbdev?  I have the exact same issue (export pdf from Dropbox to Notability and two pdfs end up getting imported) , contacted Dropbox support and the case was dropped.  Is this a Dropbox export issue or Notability import issue?

Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SK66, thansk for posting your query on this thread!

Out of curiosity, could you please let me know if you get the same behavior if you choose to create a single note when you export the file? Could you also try sharing a different link with one of the files and see if the duplicates still show up? 

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cmullisjr New member | Level 2
    cmacminn Explorer | Level 4
    Valery A New member | Level 2
    normbay Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?