cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad

I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad

normbay
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Frequently I find two copies of a file imported to Notability on iPad after export from Dropbox - only tapping once, then tapping OK after link message.
What am I doing wrong, please?

42 Replies 42

SK66
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Update....Katie from Notability ([Removed as per Community Guidelines]) is asking if this problem has been resolved.

Dropbox, please meet Katie.  Katie, please meet Dropbox.  Can you figure out a way to speak with each other about this and solve the issue?

Thank you,

SK

Valery A
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Every time I import a PDF on my iPad from Dropbox to Notability, it adds 2 files instead of one. Every time I have to go to "Pages" and unselect all pages in one of the two identical copies, in order to get only one file. How can I fix this?

I see that there was a previous discussion "I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad" from 8-16-2019 about this exact issue, with 30 replies or so, the last one about a month ago. That discussion is marked as "Solved" but in fact no solution was provided. People keep begging for a solution but nobody is helping them. 

Any chance this request will reach someone at Dropbox who can fix this?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your updates here!

We'd like to have a look into this further with you, so I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message and we can take it from there. Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cmacminn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I export a PDF from Dropbox to Notability using Dropbox's export feature, two copies of the PDF get exported. There is already a thread on this that is marked "Solved" ("I'm getting duplicates when I export on my iPad"), but I don't see any solution -- just lots of people describing the problem.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @cmacminn, thanks for reaching out. 

I moved your post here, where other users have been reporting the same issue and to keep troubleshooting consistent. 

Could you just confirm for me if you get the same issue when you export to your internal storage? 

Are you also running the latest version of the Dropbox mobile app and the Notability app? 

Check these out and let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cmacminn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil -

The problem occurs when using the "Export" option and then choosing Notability from the row of app icons that are offered in the sheet. I don't seem to have any other apps in that list that can receive the document as a PDF (rather than as a link), so I don't know if the problem is specific to Notability.

If I use "Export" and then choose "Open in..." and then choose Notability (or Files), it works correctly -- I get a single copy of the file.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know, @cmacminn

Could you check our Support page to see if you can submit a ticket to our team regarding this? 

If you are able to, let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

cmacminn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

cmacminn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Update: Dropbox support has decided that the problem is with Notability, not with Dropbox. If you have evidence otherwise, please let them know.

normbay
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Repeating here that the best fix I have found is to do it the other way round - download from Dropbox cloud  to Dropbox on your device, then go to Notability and import from there, renaming the file if desired as you go, and choosing the folder you want it in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cmullisjr New member | Level 2
    cmacminn Explorer | Level 4
    Valery A New member | Level 2
    normbay Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?