cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting messages that my account is full and I also see my desktop files in Dropbox

I'm getting messages that my account is full and I also see my desktop files in Dropbox

Malou ter Horst
New member | Level 2

Dear people,

I keep getting the message that my Dropbox is full while when I open my finder I have only 1 small folder in there.

In the browser it seems like it is also syncing my mac's system of desktop. How do I undo this?

Thanks in advance, Malou

1 Reply 1

Re: I'm getting messages that my account is full and I also see my desktop files in Dropbox

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Malou ter Horst, thanks for joining us on the Dropbox Community!

The easiest way to check if your account is full or how much space you're using, is the plan tab in your account settings.

If you're over your available quota, you can delete files or you can add some extra space to your account.

As for your desktop files being synced to Dropbox, it sounds like you enabled the computer backup feature on your Dropbox application.

You can disable it with the steps outlined here.

Just make sure you don't delete any of your desktop files from Dropbox, before you disable the feature. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?