cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting permission errors, and some files are not syncing

Highlighted

I'm getting permission errors, and some files are not syncing

Explorer | Level 3

My dropbox will not sync 125 files. and i keep geting these messages.. Any ideas?  

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 08.11.22.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-14 at 15.52.32.png

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: files will not sync

Dropboxer

Hi @sadofski62, thanks for posting on the Community!

Let’s look into this matter in more detail. The .DS_Store files won’t be synced to Dropbox in general as per this article.

Regarding the permissions dialog, this could be related to accessibility functions needed to let the Dropbox desktop application work as normal. More info on this can be found here.

I hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, thanks. but that does not sove the syncing issue. This has been like this for days. it will not sync 125 files. whatever those files are i don't know!

1.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the info, I’ve amended your post as per Community Guidelines for your own privacy.

It seems you’re also experiencing an issue with Smart Sync on this device, which could be related to the syncing behavior.

Are you able to locate the files that aren’t syncing from the Dropbox folder by following the blue syncing icons? Are they all in one folder, or in random locations throughout your account?

Could you try dragging one of those files out of your Dropbox folder, and then move it back in again to see if this helps sync it?

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay, it is well understood that Dropbox does not sync DS Store files. If that is the case then why are we continually getting notifications through the Dropbox desktop app that these files were not synced? I am having to clear out dozens of the notifications per day.

Thanks,

MRB

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for joining the topic here @matthewboteilho!

Just so we can have a little more detail about your current set up, can you let me know which version of the desktop app you're using?

Are you seeing any other errors in the sync status or when you click the Dropbox icon like sadofski62 mentioned previously? If so, please send along a screenshot of this too.

Also, just to clarify, are you referring to entries within the "Notifications" tab you see when clicking the Dropbox icon, or the "View Sync Issues" menu? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?