cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having issues with network error, I can't download

I'm having issues with network error, I can't download

Explorer | Level 4

Hi
I'm constantly denied access to downloading a video mp4 file. Driving me insane! Here is the deal

- File is 19.1 Gigs
- My account is only 180gigs full from a total 5TB worth of storage THAT I AM PAYING FOR~!!

- Ive tried downloading file from:
- Chrome - takes 45min and DOES NOT download. Instead gives me a error Network Error
- Safari - after 40min DOES NOT DOWNLOAD - no error message ....but does not show up in location I set to download. It is not on my computer. nowhere on my computer
- Incognito Mode - takes 45min and DOES NOT DOWNLOAD! "Network Error"

I can download smaller files not a problem

Tried to download to external hard drive with 1TB of space - DOES NOT DOWNLOAD!
Tried to download to internal hard drive also w 1TB of space - DOES NOT DOWNLOAD!
Tried to download using sync option to dropbox - DOES NOT DOWNLOAD!

IF I click on the file in dropbox I can open it.... it even plays fine all the way to the end of the video.

HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD LARGE FILES ON DROPBOX???  Or does this service suck so bad, that i have a 20gig limit...even though people can upload no problem a file that is 40gigs...... 

1 Reply 1

Re: NETWORK ERROR - CAN'T DOWNLOAD!

Super User

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? If you're using a wireless connection, then you may have more luck with a wired connection since the connection will be more stable.

You can also try downloading the Dropbox desktop program and using Selective Sync to only download the files that you need. The desktop program should be able to handle large files more gracefully when you're on a poor connection.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?