cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble disabling the computer backup feature, any help?

I'm having trouble disabling the computer backup feature, any help?

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have just installed dropbox. I DO NOT want to automatically back up desktop/download/documents files on dropbox, but I cannot change the settings. It seems a common problem, and I had a look at suggested solutions... but If I go to back up preferences as suggested in other posts, and then unclick desktop etc. I cannot save the new preferences.

Can you please advise as the only solution seems to uninstall dropbox and close my account?

Regards,

Tommaso

1 Reply 1

Re: PC back up settings

Dropboxer

Hi @TP12, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Could you just clarify for me, when you check in the Backup tab of the desktop app preferences, does the option show "Manage" or "Set-up"?

If it's showing "Set-up" then the backup has already been disabled. In this case, you can move the content of the backup folder in Dropbox back to the original locations on your computer.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?