cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble using the Rewind feature as I get an error to contact Support. Any help?

Highlighted

I'm having trouble using the Rewind feature as I get an error to contact Support. Any help?

New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I am expanding my use of Dropbox and I'm afraid I've gotten myself in my first mess.  3 days ago, I decided to start syncing my files and thought "what a great idea - hell, I'll sync everything!".  I travel whenever possible and wanted to be able to work and have access to whatever I might need at any given time.  I went overboard.  Dropbox began syncing my photos on my desktop (after asking permission, of course) and once finished, I noticed files and folders had disappeared.  I have spent the last 2 days Rewinding, looking through the trash and History and trying to find my files.  I am desparately trying to locate accounting files and a folder with website notes, content and images.  Now when I use the Rewind tool (which I guess used to be called The Way-Back Machine at one time) I am getting this message: There was an internal Dropbox error, but we can still help you use Rewind. Contact support - HELLO OUT THERE SUPPORT!  YES, OVER HERE!  DOES ANYONE HEAR ME?  HELLO!  I'M THE LITTLE PERSON THAT HAS BEEN TRYING FOR TWO DAYS TO UNDERSTAND THIS LOVELY PROGRAM/APP AND YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.  IT'S SATURDAY.  FINE, I SHOULD HAVE CALLED YESTERDAY.  It's almost 5:00.  I'm well overdue for a glass of wine to relieve some of my frustration.  I look forward to any help or words of comfort.  

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I'm having trouble using the Rewind feature as I get an error to contact Support. Any help?

Dropboxer

Hello there @55rebel, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Since we'll need to have a look into some account specific info with you to assist here, please submit a ticket with our Support team.

You can check out your Support options from here.

Once you've done that, you can let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass along your comments from here. 

If you have any trouble submitting a ticket, please let me know and I'd be happy to help out further.

Hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?