cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm having trouble viewing PDF files in the website

Explorer | Level 4

When I click on a file inside a folder in Dropbox, I used to be able to see the file. Now it shows up for a second and then the document goes blank. I'm able to download to view but that's not convenient. Can somone offer any tips? Thank you!

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Viewing Files in DropBox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Have you tried switching browsers, using incognito and ensuring that you’re not running any browser extensions?

If the issue persists, can you please let me know what type of file it is you’re trying to preview, as well as its size? 

Let me know of any update!  

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, 

Thanks. I can't use a different browser, just supposed to use this one which is Safari. Nothing has changed as far as I know and it is every file I try to view on DropBox. Opens and goes blank. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the quick reply, @KelleyNicole

Could it be that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the Dropbox domains

Let me know what you find! 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

There is nothing. Nothing has changed. I can view xls docs but not pdf's. Anyone? 

Highlighted

Cant view pdf files in dropbox

Explorer | Level 4

I can't view PDF files in dropbox on my mac. XLS files open and are fine. PDF files open for a split second then disappear. Nothing has changed. I need to continue using this browser, there are no firewalls, etc. blocking anything. I can view if I download however that's not an acceptable solution. Thank you!

Highlighted

Re: Cant view pdf files in dropbox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info, @KelleyNicole

Please note that I’ve also moved your second post to this thread so as to continue troubleshooting for your concern on this. 

In order to further investigate on the matter, due to account-specific info that’s required, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your email for my latest message. 

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil

Highlighted

Re: I'm having trouble viewing PDF files in the website

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I cant open or view PDF after transfer to dropbox.pls help
Highlighted

Re: I'm having trouble viewing PDF files in the website

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Judysk, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd be happy to help look into this with you, I'll just need more info. For example:

• Are you opening the files directly from the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app? 
  • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open them? 
  • If so, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info)?

Keep me posted!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?