cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble with Dropbox syncing from Xodo

I'm having trouble with Dropbox syncing from Xodo

AngelitaS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, i use xodo to read and change pdf files and, up to a week ago, as soon as i closed the xodo, a notification appeared on my tablet informing me that there was an update to be made and, when i clicked, the dropbox started to update the changes in the pdf (I open the pdf in the xodo directly from the dropbox). Now it doesn't appear anymore. And none of the apps have any commands in that of this. I even found an option in the xodo of sending the file to the drobbox, and letting this new file saved there. but what I want is the files to be in sync and not that every time I modified them I had to send a new version to the dropbox. What happened? does anyone know how to make the dropbox start syncing immediately after i close the xodo app like it used to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anonymos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Had the same problem. Contacted Xodo. Solution was to logout of Dropbox, reboot device, login to Dropbox. 

At least for me that solved the issue.

Hope it helps you too.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As you are having issues with Xodo I'm afraid @AngelitaS you need to ask them for help.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

AngelitaS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I dont think so, mark. Ive already talked with xodo and they says its a dropbox problem. So this tip doesnt helped me

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AngelitaS wrote:
I dont think so, mark. Ive already talked with xodo and they says its a dropbox problem. So this tip doesnt helped me

Mark is correct. Because you're using a third-party app, and you're opening the file within the Xodo app, it's the functionality of that app that you're having a problem with. Only the developers of Xodo will be able to assist you. Dropbox cannot provide support for third-party apps.

Anonymos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Had the same problem. Contacted Xodo. Solution was to logout of Dropbox, reboot device, login to Dropbox. 

At least for me that solved the issue.

Hope it helps you too.

sjo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That was a horrible tip. All my (unsynced) annotations are now gone. Thanks.

dvdijcke
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It was actually a good tip. It worked for me.

Sjo could have saved their annotations locally and then replaced the files on Dropbox manually. 

lukasecho
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problme BOTH in XODO and in Adobe reader.  So I think it is something more fundamental

lukasecho
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I tried this also, but it did not help at all.

For years, I have been annotating PDFs (saved in Dropbox) on my (Samsung) Android tablet using various apps: XODO, Adobe Reader etc.  It has generally worked well. From 2018-2020 this worked. The PDFs would automatically save and sync to the cloud without a problem. (Well at least mostly.. ie sometimes this would create duplicates, or sometimes fail to sync, but mostly it worked). 

In late 2020, it started to fail all the time. And now the annotated PDFs just never seem to sync at all.  I tried logging out of dropbox restarting the Android tablet and then reconnecting to the Dropbox account, but this doesn't seem to help. Sometimes restarting the tablet will enable it to sync one or two files, but in general it says "saved" but will not actually upload the annotated PDF.

Dropbox claim the fault is with the PDF viewer-app, but then why does it happen with ALL the apps I have tried?

Similarly, my wife has the same issue with her iPad: especially if you open the PDF from the Dropbox App itself. On the iPad this seems to be related to the "Preview Pane" in the Dropbox app. Its almost as though the Preview Pane LOCKS the file as "in use" preventing any save-functions from other files. 

But on Android, I don't get the preview pane, so this doesn't seem to be the issue. Has anyone found a PDF viewer that works with the current 2021 version of Dropbox on Android?

Meatloaf
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

What lukasecho described is exactly what my experience is. Currently I've using sharing the annotated file back to Dropbox and replacing the original file as a workaround.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Meatloaf Explorer | Level 4
    lukasecho Explorer | Level 4
    dvdijcke New member | Level 2
    sjo Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?