cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm having trouble with uploading some specific files onto a Showcase. Any ideas?

Advanced Collaborator | Level 15

Hello

Seems like any MS files (Word, PowerPoint) from my desktop wouldn't be uploaded onto a Showcase document. I can upload them from my Dropbox account but not from my desktop. Any other files such as JPG have no problem. I switched the browsers and the results are the same. Can anyone please tell me what is causing this problem?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Uploading files on Showcase

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @jazzmeg1; it's been some time since we last spoke; how are you today?

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with uploading some particular files onto your Showcase.

Can you please clear your browser's cache and/or rename those files and try uploading them again?

If you're still unable to upload them, please forward me a screenshot of any errors you might be getting so I can have a visual as well.

Thanks a bunch and looking forward to your response!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Hi  Walter,

I cleared the cache and renamed files but not really working. Seems like it is affecting all the files on my desktop (not just MS files). 

While I was trying, I actually DID upload it a couple of times successfully, then the problem occurs most of the time. 

I attached the screenshot. Somehow the language on Showcase/Paper pages stays as Japanese, even after I changed it to English on my preference page.

ShowcaseSS.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot and the additional details @jazzmeg1!

Can you please let me know if you're still having issues with this?

In case you do, could you please try another network and let me know the results?

While we're at it, do those files happen to be set to 'Online only' (vs. 'Local') via the Smart Sync options perhaps? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Hi Walter,

These files I am trying to upload are on my computer desktop, not Dropbox Desktop App. I have no problem uploading any files from my dropbox account.

And yes, I am still having the same problem. Files on my own computer are not likely to be uploaded onto a showcase doc. Once in a blue moon, it is uploaded, but it is mostly unsuccessful. Please see the attached file. Thanks.

2020-03-10 (2).png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your response and all the additional details here @jazzmeg1!

At this point, I'll need to look into this a tad deeper so may I reach out to the email address that's associated with your Community's profile to work on this together?

Let me know when you get the chance and we'll take it from there. 

Walter

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?