Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm missing a file in my account, can I rewind my Basic account back to April 2017?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi there. I have a free dropbox account. A few years ago, I gave a talk on a subject that I spent a year learning. The lecture took me months to prepare. I had it saved in my Dropbox but then last week I tried to find it in my Dropbox and it wasn’t there. I even emailed myself the link so that I could easily click on it and find it in my emails. But when I click on the link it shows an error 404 message in Dropbox saying “the file isn’t here anymore.” Thing is I never deleted it and I checked all my folders and I can’t find it. This has caused me great distress as I out so much effort into that talk and really would want to refer to it for the future. Would it be possible to rewind my account to April 2017 which is a point I know I was able to access the file? The file was uploaded and made in 2015. Thanks so much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I'm missing a file in my account, can I rewind my Basic account back to April 2017?

Super User II
Super User II

@Aaron101 wrote:

Would it be possible to rewind my account to April 2017 which is a point I know I was able to access the file?

I'm afraid 2017 is well beyond the recovery period, even for paid accounts. It's not possible to recovery files from that long ago.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: I'm missing a file in my account, can I rewind my Basic account back to April 2017?

Super User II
Super User II

@Aaron101 wrote:

Would it be possible to rewind my account to April 2017 which is a point I know I was able to access the file?

I'm afraid 2017 is well beyond the recovery period, even for paid accounts. It's not possible to recovery files from that long ago.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?