Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm missing a group of shared folders on one device only. What should I do?

Explorer | Level 4

Suddenly my Dropbox says a group of shared folders is no longer available.  I can reach them on my laptop, but not on my desktop.  Anyone know why this has happened.  I am not the administrator, but I know that he has not deleted them.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Missing shared folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Voyager1, from what I gather from your description, it’s highly likely that you’ve left the Shares, which you should be able to add back through your Sharing tab or through the Deleted Files 🗑️ page. 

From there, as you mentioned that this is happening only on one of your connected devices, could you have a look on your menu bar/system tray (depending on the OS you're currently working on) for the Dropbox icon? If you hover your mouse on it, it should display the Dropbox syncing status. What does the message there read for you? 

Please let me know how these quick tips works for you & I’ll make sure to check back with you again asap. Thanks for taking the time to drop us a line on the Community & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Voyager1, from what I gather from your description, it’s highly likely that you’ve left the Shares, which you should be able to add back through your Sharing tab or through the Deleted Files 🗑️ page. 

From there, as you mentioned that this is happening only on one of your connected devices, could you have a look on your menu bar/system tray (depending on the OS you're currently working on) for the Dropbox icon? If you hover your mouse on it, it should display the Dropbox syncing status. What does the message there read for you? 

Please let me know how these quick tips works for you & I’ll make sure to check back with you again asap. Thanks for taking the time to drop us a line on the Community & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

That worked Jane.  Thank you so much for your help.  Cynthia

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

🙌 Fantastic @Voyager1,; happy to hear that we got this squared away together! Please don’t hesitate to ping us here again if you have any more thoughts or questions & it will be a pleasure to work with you again in the future. Take care until then & have a wonderful rest of your day ahead Cynthia! 🤓

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?