cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing files

I'm missing files from 2002. Any ideas on how to restore them?

AngelaF
Explorer | Level 3

As an author and teacher, I have used DropBox since 2002 and upgrade my free DropBox to business size. 

I was cleaning out and transferring files from dropbox to my computer and noticed that myfeedback is greatly appreciati word document recipes from 2016 to present are missing.  Also missing is my book manuscript in word from 2002.

How can I find these files and get them back.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

A

6 Replies 6

Re: Missing files

Dannao23
Helpful | Level 5

Mediante este enlace https://help.dropbox.com/es-es/installs-integrations/desktop/cache-folder# puedes recuperar esos documentos que permanecen en una subcarpeta y de ahí puedes restaurarlos, espero que te ayude.

Re: I'm missing files from 2002. Any ideas on how to restore them?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @AngelaF; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about your missing files

Can you please let me know if you can see any sign of them on our website when you go through your files? 

If you can't find them there, can you also take a look at your account's events page as this is the place where all adds, edits and deletes are normally logged?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there Angela! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lost files

AngelaF
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter

Thanks for the suggestion but I found nothing.

The missing files are all MS Word documents.

That is the manuscript for my published book and my recipe pages for the past 4 years.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

A

Re: lost files

Mark
Super User II

When is www.dropbox.com/events showing them as having been removed?

Unless you are currently (and were at the time of deletion) a paying member its only possible to recover them within 30 days of deletion.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

AngelaF
Explorer | Level 3

I was a paying member and events folder is blank.  No solution.

Walter
Dropboxer

Then, perhaps you're looking at another account @AngelaF?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?