Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm missing my photos after I reinstalled the mobile app. Any ideas?

Bboyd
Explorer | Level 4

My Dropbox app on my iPhone froze up so I deleted the app. Once I reinstalled it, all of my pictures were gone even after I signed back in. They are all still there on my laptop. How can I get all of my folders back?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing pictures

Super User II
Super User II

I'm 99.99% certain then you've either logged in to a second account or set up a new account on your iPhone.

Thanks for checking the above

To see what the account is on your computer click on Dropbox then the icon top right (it may be an image of you/whatever you've set it as or you initial). Then you should see your account menu options pop up with your used space etc. The top one shows you the email.

Just a word of warning. Remember @googlemail.com and @gmail.com are two different accounts and if you use Gmail Mark.Mc@ MarkMc@ and M.arkMc@ are all valid for a single Gmail account BUT classed as different emails everywhere else.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Super User II
Super User II

Do you mean they are not on the iPhone menus?

If so it is almost certain you've signed in to the wrong account - or set up a new one. A simple way to test this is to upload an image from the iPhone (take a photo of anything) and see if it appears on your computer.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Bboyd
Explorer | Level 4
Correct the files and photos are not there when I open the app. As far as I know, I only have the one account? How can I tell on my laptop what email the account is under? I can’t find account info anywhere on my laptop.

Bboyd
Explorer | Level 4
Also, I saved a new photo to my computer Dropbox and it does not show up on my iPhone app

Super User II
Super User II

I'm 99.99% certain then you've either logged in to a second account or set up a new account on your iPhone.

Thanks for checking the above

To see what the account is on your computer click on Dropbox then the icon top right (it may be an image of you/whatever you've set it as or you initial). Then you should see your account menu options pop up with your used space etc. The top one shows you the email.

Just a word of warning. Remember @googlemail.com and @gmail.com are two different accounts and if you use Gmail Mark.Mc@ MarkMc@ and M.arkMc@ are all valid for a single Gmail account BUT classed as different emails everywhere else.

- - -

View solution in original post

Bboyd
Explorer | Level 4
On my computer, it’s opening through my files, not online. There is nowhere so get my account info 😢
Highlighted

Bboyd
Explorer | Level 4
Ahhh I figured it out! Thanks so much for tour help!!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?