cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I'm missing some files that were not deleted or shared. What can I do?

I'm missing some files that were not deleted or shared. What can I do?

Wondering files
New member | Level 2

I am really reconsidering to use Dropbox never again. I had some files, which I have lastly edited and saved a Month ago and they are all gone. In fact all the files from this year and some form last year are gone. I have tried to figure out how to get help, but it seems that I am on a loop with the Dropbox help pages and the robot doesn't know any answers to my quesitons. We have a linsece for out organization, but it seems that to my personal files there is no help.  And I have worked for IT for several years, this is the worst.

2 Replies 2

Re: Not deleted, not shared files lost

Dannao23
Helpful | Level 5

Una manera de recuperar esos archivos es mediante esta página https://help.dropbox.com/es-es/installs-integrations/desktop/cache-folder#

espero que te ayude como me ayudó a mí, un saludo.

Re: I'm missing some files that were not deleted or shared. What can I do?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Wondering files; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about your missing files.

Can you please let me know if you can see any sign of them on our website when you go through your files? 

If you can't find them there, can you also take a look at your account's events page as this is the place where all adds, edits and deletes are normally logged?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?