Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm no longer to set my files for Offline viewing on my iPad. Why & what should I do?

Explorer | Level 3

Does anyone in the community know of another app such as dropbox that can be viewed offline?

i am in a group of players that goes to nursing homes, rehab centers, retirement centers , etc,  to provide entertainment to the those that can't are confined.  when dbox disabled the "enable files to be viewed offline" option it destroyed my ability to take my song  lyrics and other info to these places. Guest wifi is very hard to access in these type centers,   so i am telling dbox to [profanity removed by moderation according to the Community Guidelines but am in need of a substitute app for my needs. any advice will be appreciated. please email me if you have any ideas. 

thanks in advance. 

Mick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I'm no longer to set my files for Offline viewing on my iPad. Why & what should I do?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @William (Mickey, while I wouldn’t be able to suggest an alternative service, I’m here to look in to the issue you’ve described us with Offline file viewing as closely as possible on my end. While I’ve now slightly modified your post according to our Community Guidelines (which you can review at your convenience), I’d like to ask you to keep the discussion civil. 

Now, just so as to make sure we’re on the same page, would you mind elaborating a bit on that for us? 

Spoiler
#1. Just so as to ensure we’ve covered the basics, can you make sure that you haven’t missed our latest update (154.2) & you’ve updated to the to the latest iOS version? 
#2. I’m assuming that you’re following the steps relayed on this resource here, so can you let us know if you’re getting any error/diagnostic messages or you can’t access the files you’ve previously set for Offline viewing? 
#3. I’d appreciate any visual aid you could provide (without personal info), please include any screenshots or short videos would help us paint a clear picture as to why you're no longer able to utilize this functionality.
Once we have these details, we’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth with Luke. Thanks Mick!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: I'm no longer to set my files for Offline viewing on my iPad. Why & what should I do?

Super User
Super User

Hi Mick

Where are you trying to "enable files to be viewed offline"? This option works for me still.

Luke

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @William (Mickey, while I wouldn’t be able to suggest an alternative service, I’m here to look in to the issue you’ve described us with Offline file viewing as closely as possible on my end. While I’ve now slightly modified your post according to our Community Guidelines (which you can review at your convenience), I’d like to ask you to keep the discussion civil. 

Now, just so as to make sure we’re on the same page, would you mind elaborating a bit on that for us? 

Spoiler
#1. Just so as to ensure we’ve covered the basics, can you make sure that you haven’t missed our latest update (154.2) & you’ve updated to the to the latest iOS version? 
#2. I’m assuming that you’re following the steps relayed on this resource here, so can you let us know if you’re getting any error/diagnostic messages or you can’t access the files you’ve previously set for Offline viewing? 
#3. I’d appreciate any visual aid you could provide (without personal info), please include any screenshots or short videos would help us paint a clear picture as to why you're no longer able to utilize this functionality.
Once we have these details, we’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth with Luke. Thanks Mick!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?