cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to scroll through photos in my Dropbox account online, any ideas?

I'm not able to scroll through photos in my Dropbox account online, any ideas?

mscales
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I can see there was discussion that this was a system wide problem that has evidently been fixed. It has not been fixed for me. I can't reply on the dropbox solution, and nothing allows me to scroll from picture to picture. I literally have to look at a picture then hit the return arrow to go back to my entire folder of photos, select another picture, look at it, and then go back again to the main folder to get yet another photo. I pay for premium dropbox and am seriously considering finding a different way to store my photos - this is crazy. Having to download the photos onto my computer so I can scroll from photo to photo completely negates the reason I signed up for Dropbox!

15 Replies 15

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @mscales,

When you are previewing a photo in your Dropbox account, along the bottom is a black bar which you should see “<    >” arrows on, to allow you to switch to the next item in the folder. Are you able to see these arrows?

Let me know - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

windjammer
New member | Level 2

Going from pic to pic in slide show view works fine, but I can't scroll down a folder page of image thumbnails to find a photo. I can only see the first 15 thumbs. I'm using Firefox on a windows machine, all in good working order

Pikamander2
Super User

Hi mscales, which browser/platform are you using? Does it work when you try it on a different platform/device?

Would it be possible to record a short video of the issue happening? (If you do, please make sure that the video doesn't contain any sensitive information).

DigitalDawg
Helpful | Level 6

Don't see black bar at bottom with < and > in it

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for joining us here @DigitalDawg!

You should see this bar when you're browsing through photos in your account online.

You should have the black bar along the bottom of the image preview that looks something like this: 

Example.png

If you're not able to see this black bar, could you try using another browser or incognito mode to see if there is any difference there?

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mikebr1
Explorer | Level 4

I have got the same problem with Windows 10.  I also have Dropbox on ipad and mobile and both work ok.

All I get is the picture and no way of going to next photo. I can enlarge but that is all.  Don't want to deleat and re-install as I have it on 4 machines and I think I am correct in saying that you can only have 3 now.

Any help appreciated.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Mikebr1, I hope you're well today!

Just to clarify with you, are you trying to view the files through the desktop app?

If you're choosing the "expand preview" option, when you hover your cursor over the image in the preview you should have a small black bar along the bottom that shows the "< >" arrows and the zooming options.

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what you see when you preview an image?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Mikebr1
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne

I am using a desktop computer, although I have Dropbox on ipad and mobile and they work fine.

If I open a photo file and open first photo, I cannot then go to next photo.  I cannot see any bar on the bottom.

The only thing on it is arrow to enlarge photo in corner.  Once enlarged I cannot then get out of it or reduce size.

I cannot understand how to do a screenshot and send to you.

Mike

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me here @Mikebr1!

It would be very helpful to have a screenshot here so I can understand exactly the steps you're taking there. You can find out some more info on how to take screenshots on your device from here.

Once you've taken the screenshot, you can attach it to your reply here with one of the options highlighted below:

Attaching.png

Looking forward to your reply!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Emg New member | Level 2
    Mikebr1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?