cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to scroll through photos in my Dropbox account online, any ideas?

I'm not able to scroll through photos in my Dropbox account online, any ideas?

mscales
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I can see there was discussion that this was a system wide problem that has evidently been fixed. It has not been fixed for me. I can't reply on the dropbox solution, and nothing allows me to scroll from picture to picture. I literally have to look at a picture then hit the return arrow to go back to my entire folder of photos, select another picture, look at it, and then go back again to the main folder to get yet another photo. I pay for premium dropbox and am seriously considering finding a different way to store my photos - this is crazy. Having to download the photos onto my computer so I can scroll from photo to photo completely negates the reason I signed up for Dropbox!

15 Replies 15

Mikebr1
Explorer | Level 4

20200430_190650 (1).jpg20200430_190701 (1).jpg20200430_190711 (1).jpg20200430_190725.jpg

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for those screenshots @Mikebr1!

From what I can see there, you're actually opening the file in another app which is why you're not seeing that black bar to scroll through your photos.

Can you try just doing a single click on the file in the Dropbox app and then click the "expand preview" icon in the top right corner of the window to expand the preview in Dropbox instead? 

The icon I'm referring to is the one shown in the middle here:

Expand preview icon.png

Let me know if that does the trick!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mikebr1
Explorer | Level 4

Yes that seems to work, but it is very slow.

What I cannot understand is that it was ok on Saturday morning, working as it should but then in the afternoon it would not go onto next photo.  Is there no way we can cure it permanently?

Mike

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

If you want to use the same method as you showed previously by double clicking the file and opening it in the Photos app, then I can suggest a few things here @Mikebr1.

These suggestions would be an alternative to using the "expand preview" option within the Dropbox app.

I've played around with the Photos app a little and if you hover your mouse towards the right and left sides of the window you will see the arrows there to scroll to the next photo.

Otherwise, you can use the arrows on your keyboard (<-  ->) to scroll easily through your photos too.

If you were always double clicking the file to view and scroll through your photos before, it looks like this might have been a recent Windows update that changed how you can do this.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Emg
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I don't see that <> signs at the bottom...no bar...nothing...Any ideas why?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Emg!

Can you just clarify for me where you're viewing the file from? Eg. website, desktop app or mobile app?

Could you also send me a screenshot of how the image looks when you preview it?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Emg New member | Level 2
    Mikebr1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?