cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm seeing a message "Dropbox was unable to update your selective sync preferences". Why?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My drive is full and I want to unsync my "sync"ed folder of Camera uploads from my mobile phone in my laptop. When I try to unsync the folder and apply changes, I get a message saying "Dropbox was unable to update your selective sync preference". And yes, I have stopped syncronization before doing this.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't unsync a folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@HpConan), just to ensure I’m following-up with you correctly, can you clarify whether you’ve Paused syncing? If so, then the diagnostic message you’re seeing aims to alert you that you’d need to resume syncing if you’d like to apply the Selective Sync changes. 

Hopefully my post points you towards the right direction & please do let me know if I have misunderstood your inquiry in any way or in case you have any follow-up queries & it'll be a pleasure to further clarify. Thanks & have a great day ahead until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@HpConan), just to ensure I’m following-up with you correctly, can you clarify whether you’ve Paused syncing? If so, then the diagnostic message you’re seeing aims to alert you that you’d need to resume syncing if you’d like to apply the Selective Sync changes. 

Hopefully my post points you towards the right direction & please do let me know if I have misunderstood your inquiry in any way or in case you have any follow-up queries & it'll be a pleasure to further clarify. Thanks & have a great day ahead until we talk again! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

It worked! Thank you very much!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Perfect @HpConan; pleased to hear the news! Happy Dropboxing ahead & feel free to ping us here again for more tips & tricks. Take care until we talk again & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?