cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so annoyed, I cannot access any of my files

Highlighted

I'm so annoyed, I cannot access any of my files

New member | Level 2

I opened my Dropbox account in 2015. I don't use it often but I had several files that I can no longer access. The last time I logged into it was about a year ago. I tried to log in about a month ago and it was gone. It even told me my email was not recognized eventhough I still to this day receive emails from Dropbox to that "invalid email". I have since restarted my account but I cannot access the lost files. I am very disappointed as this was the only place that some of my photos were stored. Ive tried all of the recover file options and I cannot find them. I am disappointed that I cannot talk to a person to get this figured out. Can anyone help me.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Annoyed as Hell

Dropboxer

Hello there @lhp1, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Could you just clarify for me at first if you created another account with the same email that was associated with your original one? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Yes. I had to create another account because it was telling me there was no account associated with my email. It was the exact same email I used the same email previously used. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @lhp1

If you used the same email address to sign up again, that generally means that a completely new account was created. 

Could you check your events page to confirm any file activity that occurred in that account? 

Also, since you mention that you received notifications in your email, could you let me know a few examples? Were the notifications about the account's status, shared activity, or access?

Let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

When I clicked on the hyperlink above it took me to a seperate page with the files I was looking for. Somehow I have 2 different pages one with my maiden name and one with my married name. I can access both from my pc but on my cell phone I can only access the page that does not have the link for with the photos. I think one is pulling from google and one is pulling from Dropbox. 

One of the last emails I received was to confirm security because I was at a store printing pictures. Can the two be combined?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that out for me, @lhp1

It sounds like you have two separate accounts, since you're seeing two different usernames. 

You can check which email address is associated with each one from the General tab, and then follow these instructions to merge them. 

Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?