cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to accept a shared file, but I get an error that I don't have enough space. Why is that?

Highlighted

I'm trying to accept a shared file, but I get an error that I don't have enough space. Why is that?

Explorer | Level 3

Someone is trying to send me a file that is 675MB large.  I have a 2GB basic plan.  When I try to access the new files, I get a message that I need to upgrade file size to 3 GB.  There are no files in my Dropbox since I deleted a number of small files earlier today.  Recently Deleted shows no files.  What gives?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: File Sizes and ..

Dropboxer

Hi there @jkh calgary, thanks for posting!

Can you let me know what space usage you see from your Plan page here?

This page will show you how much space is being used in your account, along with a breakdown of whether that data is shared or personal files.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

The files seem to be in my Google Drive but logically (I am more familiar with One Drive) the files should be in the senders account.  I have an email from G Drive with a list of all the files but cannot open any of them.  If I try to open any of them, I get a page that says I am not authorized and it says it sends an email to the sender.

Any of this make sense?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @jkh calgary!

Can you clarify for me though how this file was shared with you? Was it shared through Dropbox?

From what you mentioned, it sounds like the files might have been shared with you through another service.

Can you send me a screenshot of the message that you received to upgrade, and the space usage show in your Plan page?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Daphne,

Never mind.  I moved to OneDrive where I got the job done.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

There are no files... Deleted Files is empty.  Message says download of under 700 MB needs 3 GB of space.

I have dumped Dropbox, so don't spend any time on this

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?