cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I mistakenly joined a student's Business Team account. What should I do?

I mistakenly joined a student's Business Team account. What should I do?

stealeybouta
New member | Level 2

I am a teacher who gets folders with assignments from students who create folders and share them with me to turn in their assignments. One student, instead of signing up for a simple folder, signed up for a business account and when I accepted a folder from him, the name on my dropbox account is now his name. I am worried the other student folders have gone into his account, which is a major privacy problem. I need to get out of his business account and get my student folders back in my name on my account. How do I get out of his business account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Folders reassigned

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@stealeybouta), the best course of action at the moment would be to contact your student (i.e. the team admin) in order to convert your team account back to a personal one

Hopefully this is helpful to you, though please do let me know here in case you may need further assistance or I’ve misunderstood your request in any way. Thanks for posting us on our Community & I hope you resolve this soon!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@stealeybouta), the best course of action at the moment would be to contact your student (i.e. the team admin) in order to convert your team account back to a personal one

Hopefully this is helpful to you, though please do let me know here in case you may need further assistance or I’ve misunderstood your request in any way. Thanks for posting us on our Community & I hope you resolve this soon!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Hello

I have a very similar problem where a client attempted to share a folder with me but instead, mistakenly added me as part of their dropbox for business team, effectively absorbing my paid for account into their own. When I brought this mistake to their attention, instead of removing me appropriately, they DELETED me from their account which had the effect of deleting my account entirely. I have opened two tickets over a three week period with Dropbox and have never recieved a reply. I am trying to restore my account and my data, but cannot log in to receive help since the account no longer exists....

PLEASE HELP

Rich
Super User II

@1430621 wrote:

... instead of removing me appropriately, they DELETED me from their account which had the effect of deleting my account entirely. I have opened two tickets over a three week period with Dropbox and have never recieved a reply.

Unfortunately, Dropbox will not be able to assist you with this. It's up to the team admin of the Business account to restore your account, and then convert it back to an individual account. They need to act quickly because once deleted, they only have seven days to restore the account before it's no longer possible.

When you joined the business team, any remaining time on your existing subscription would have been refunded to you, so once your account is restored, you'll need to resubscribe if you still need the additional space.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?