cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need HELP. Made a mistake reinstalling Dropbox and synced everything. Not tech savvy

I need HELP. Made a mistake reinstalling Dropbox and synced everything. Not tech savvy

Michelle56
New member | Level 2

When I got a new IPhone I added Dropbox to it. Got a notification that I had Dropbox on too many devices so I thought I deleted it from my old phone, I accidentally deleted it from my husbands desktop computer instead.  When I reinstalled it, apparently requested that it sync the entire desktop to Dropbox, immediately filling it up. I don't keep a lot of information in my Dropbox, just important documents, etc.  Then when I added ITunes all the music went into Dropbox as well and it doesn't need to be there because it is in another folder.  After a long, unsatisfying Geek Squad session, we were only able to move a few files from Dropbox but it is still full and showing syncing mypc.  I have no idea how to stop everything from going automatically into Dropbox. It's like it's on a continuous loop, I need room freed up so I can actually move some important documents in it.  I am clueless as to how to fix this and if it can even be fixed. If anyone can give me non technical easy to follow help I would greatly appreciate it!!

1 Reply 1

Re: I need HELP. Made a mistake reinstalling Dropbox and synced everything. Not tech savvy

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Michelle56,

Take a look here. 😉

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?