cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help as I'm pushed to upgrade and I don't want to. How can I speak with someone?

I need help as I'm pushed to upgrade and I don't want to. How can I speak with someone?

Kaulpenney
Explorer | Level 3

This company has no phone number? I need to talk to someone because I don’t need to upgrade and it’s saying I need to.

3 Replies 3

Re: Help

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @Kaulpenney; welcome to the Community!

Can you please let me know where exactly are you getting the prompt that says you need to upgrade or send me a screenshot if possible? 

While we're at it, what is your account's plan tab reporting in regards to your plan and quota? 

Let me know what you find!

PS: For more information about your support entitlements, you can take a look here

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Help

Kaulpenney
Explorer | Level 3
Honestly, I don’t have time to be messaging back and forth on here. I need this resolved now so I can upload for a client. I need to talk to a human on the phone.

Mac version showing intrusive notifications to upgrade to paid account

brian_damage
Explorer | Level 4

The Mac version of Dropbox has started badging the menubar icon with a visually intrusive red number to show that I have notifications. However, the notification content is only something along the lines of "hey, you can pay to upgrade Dropbox".

There is no option to turn these off that I can find:

brian_damage_0-1630063283437.png

brian_damage_1-1630063300589.png

How can I permanently disable these intrusions?

Some points to note:

• This is a marketing communication.
  • Dropbox presumably doesn't send these to people on paid plans, so they must have queried my account record in order to determine whether or not to send it. This record contains my personal data.
  • GDPR applies in my case.
  • GDPR requires explicit, opt-in consent for the use of personal data for marketing communications.
  • I did not provide this consent.
  • GDPR also requires an easy way to revoke this consent.
  • There is no easy way to revoke this consent in the app's settings, nor in the web interface.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

brian_damage Explorer | Level 4
    Kaulpenney Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?