cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with restoring a shared folder I deleted recently. Any clues?

Highlighted

I need help with restoring a shared folder I deleted recently. Any clues?

Explorer | Level 3

I recently deleted a folder of files from my Dropbox. It was a shared folder. However, that folder does not show up in my deleted files to recover. It has been within 180 days. I think this feature might ONLY be available to professional/buiness accounts. If this is true and I upgrade, will i have access to recover that folder ? Is there another way, I feel Ive exhausted my chances. 

thanks

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Deleted folder/files

Dropboxer

Hey @ecoff, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community. 

If you deleted a shared folder, you've most likely removed your access temporarily, which means that it might still be in your Sharing tab, if you haven't been removed from having access. 

You can find more information about this, here

Also, you are right, Dropbox Professional and Business subscriptions have a recovery period of 180 days, but Dropbox Rewind is unable to rewind changes outside of your version history.

I hope this information helps. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?