cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I only have a basic account but need to urgently restore a file that is 60 days old. Any options

I only have a basic account but need to urgently restore a file that is 60 days old. Any options?

mrk98
New member | Level 2

I only have a basic account but need to urgently restore a file that is 60 days old. Any options? Upgrade? Support team?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I only have a basic account but need to urgently restore a file that is 60 days old. Any options

Rich
Super User II

@mrk98 wrote:

I only have a basic account but need to urgently restore a file that is 60 days old. Any options? Upgrade? Support team?

No, that's not possible. After 30 days, the file is already gone.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@mrk98 wrote:

No, that's not possible. After 30 days, the file is already gone.

View solution in original post

mrk98
New member | Level 2

What if i somehow upgrade to a Professional account which would extend to the last 180 Days?  Nothing even a dropbox admin can do?

Rich
Super User II

@mrk98 wrote:

What if i somehow upgrade to a Professional account which would extend to the last 180 Days?  Nothing even a dropbox admin can do?

Upgrading now will not help. That would only extend the recover time for files deleted after the upgrade. Once you're beyond the recovery period for a file, not even Dropbox can recover the file for you.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @mrk98 

Slight typo in @Rich 's email.... upgrading NOW will not help. 

After 30 days files are deleted permanently. Dropbox Admin cannot do anything about this. Its a automated process. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

Definitely a typo, and fixed. Thanks @Mark.

Need more support?