cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pay for dropbox but I seem to be using it under someone else's business account

I pay for dropbox but I seem to be using it under someone else's business account

NicoleFrost
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I would love some advice, please.

I pay for dropbox myself and have an account, however, my files and folders seem to be in/under a friend's business account (Emilia) and I am one of their team. 

How do I get my NICOLE FROST folder out of their team folders?

I don't know how to arrange it so that my folders dont go into her folder.

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 11.42.54.jpg

Thanks

Nicole

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I pay for dropbox but I seem to be using it under someone else's business account

Rich
Super User II

@NicoleFrost wrote:

I pay for dropbox myself and have an account, however, my files and folders seem to be in/under a friend's business account (Emilia) and I am one of their team.

When you joined the Business account, your personal account was merged into the Business account. At that point, your account technically now belonged to the business, and you would have received a prorated refund based on the time remaining on your subscription.

You'll need the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account. It's extremely important that the team admin doesn't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account along with any files within it. They must convert your account back to an individual account.

If they do remove you from the team and your account is deleted, they only have 7 days to restore the account before it's deleted permanently.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: I pay for dropbox but I seem to be using it under someone else's business account

Rich
Super User II

@NicoleFrost wrote:

When you joined the Business account, your personal account was merged into the Business account. At that point, your account technically now belonged to the business, and you would have received a prorated refund based on the time remaining on your subscription.

You'll need the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account. It's extremely important that the team admin doesn't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account along with any files within it. They must convert your account back to an individual account.

If they do remove you from the team and your account is deleted, they only have 7 days to restore the account before it's deleted permanently.

View solution in original post

NicoleFrost
New member | Level 2
Amazing, thank you!

I managed to figure this out earlier with so e help from friends.

I'm glad a made all these steps you have suggested, I managed to do all this successfully.

Thank you for your reply

Nicole
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NicoleFrost New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?