cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shared a file but it requires a password when printing. How can I find that password?

I shared a file but it requires a password when printing. How can I find that password?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello! I shared a document with some people but it requires a password or code in order to print. How would I know what the pass code is?

3 Replies 3

Re: Password for printing?

Dropboxer

Hi @Suzana1, I hope you're well today!

What you mentioned there is rather strange indeed, Dropbox currently only offers a feature to allow you to set a password to access the contents of a link rather then when trying to print.

Is it possible that the password prompt is coming from the method you're using to print the file?

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the prompt (excluding any personal info) along with the steps you take up until receiving that prompt?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I am the owner of the file, so I can print. But I shared the file with several people and two of them said they can't print, because Dropbox asks them for a password

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Suzana1!

Is it perhaps prompting them to sign into Dropbox when they open the shared link?

If so, they can close this prompt either with the "X" in the top right corner or with an option towards the bottom of the popup window. 

Otherwise, can you ask them to send you a screenshot of this prompt? Also, please clarify for me if the prompt appears when opening the link, or when clicking the printing option.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?