cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shared a folder and they can't download it

I shared a folder and they can't download it

Explorer | Level 4

I shared a folder with someone and they got this error message when they tried to download the folder --Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 4.43.39 PM.jpg

"Not enough space to access folder"  Enough space where? On my Dropbox account? On her computer? How can we make this work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't download

Super User II

@Holly9525 wrote:

Thanks for the quick repsonse. I just want them to be able to download the files in the folder.

Don't invite them to a shared folder. By doing that, they need a Dropbox account and enough space within their own account to hold the shared folder. Instead, send them a shared link to the folder, which will allow downloads without needing a Dropbox account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dropboxer

Hi @Holly9525, thanks for checking in. 

Generally, since shared folders take up space in every member's account, the user needs to make sure that they have enough storage to add it. 

Do you want them to be able to edit the contents of the folder, or do you simply want them to access and download it?

Let me know whenever you have the chance to check this out. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the quick repsonse. I just want them to be able to download the files in the folder.

Super User II

@Holly9525 wrote:

Don't invite them to a shared folder. By doing that, they need a Dropbox account and enough space within their own account to hold the shared folder. Instead, send them a shared link to the folder, which will allow downloads without needing a Dropbox account.

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Rich!

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?