cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought I had uninstalled the application but the folder is still visible (Mac)

I thought I had uninstalled the application but the folder is still visible (Mac)

CLX28
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I feel very stupid asking but here we go...

I wanted to uninstalled Dropbox from my Mac so I signed out of the account and simply threw the application into the bin thinking it would just delete everything. The bin has since been emptied and the application can't be found anyway. However, I can still see the folder in the sidebar with all the documents in it. I'm afraid to throw the folder into the bin and loose all the content. Can someone please help! When I do a search with the search bar I can also find the folder of course... 

What is the easiest way of getting rid of the folder without impacting other locations where it's saved. Just delete?

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CLX28
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi ! 
Thanks a million for your reply. I think I have actually solved it. I just dragged and dropped the folder into the bin and it's all gone (and hasn't affected the content on other devices). I think the folder was still appearing in the sidebar because it was in my favorites. Hopefully it's all good now! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @CLX28, you've come to the right place! Let's see what we can do. 

Could you have a look at your Security tab first, to see if the computer you tried removing your Dropbox folder from is still listed there?

Also, does the folder that come up on the sidebar look like a regular folder? 

If you could send me a screenshot of it (without any personal info), that would be very helpful. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CLX28
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi ! 
Thanks a million for your reply. I think I have actually solved it. I just dragged and dropped the folder into the bin and it's all gone (and hasn't affected the content on other devices). I think the folder was still appearing in the sidebar because it was in my favorites. Hopefully it's all good now! 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of this, @CLX28!

If anything else comes up in the future, just give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely rest of your week!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    CLX28 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?