cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to stop syncing and deleted my desktop files. I couldn't restore all files, why is that?

Highlighted

I tried to stop syncing and deleted my desktop files. I couldn't restore all files, why is that?

New member | Level 2

Dropbox automatically syncs all my data from my desktop which crushes my battery. I tried to figure out how to stop the sync and in the process deleted all my desktop files (which are all work related). I was able to figure out how to restore the files, but there are missing documents in the restored files (not all pieces to the file were restored). Does anyone know how to find these files or why they wouldnt restore like the rest?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Lost Files

Dropboxer

Hey there @huffbdg, thanks for posting!

Could you clarify for me, what actions did you take when the files were deleted? Did you delete a folder within Dropbox from your computer?

From what you mentioned, it sounds like the files were deleted before they were able to sync to your account.

This would be why some of the files didn't appear in the deleted files page as they weren't uploaded to Dropbox before being deleted.

In this case, can you check in your computer's trash bin to see if you can restore the files from there?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?