cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded thinking I’d have more room

Highlighted

I upgraded thinking I’d have more room

New member | Level 2

But I’m getting a message that I think says iCloud is full. Do I have to upgrade both Dropbox and iCloud? I thought I basically have unlimited room on Dropbox. I didn’t know I might need more iCloud space was well. I was deleting stuff from Dropbox so I wouldn’t go over the free space. There are a lot of junk files I can delete without the pressure of being told I’m about to run out. So I upgraded. Now I’m getting another message that I’m full.

Please don’t assume I understand what I’m doing here. Thank you.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I upgraded thinking I’d have more room

Super User II

@catswalkjpgr wrote:
... I’m getting a message that I think says iCloud is full. Do I have to upgrade both Dropbox and iCloud?

Dropbox and iCloud are two separate services that have nothing to do with each other. Upgrading one will not affect the space available in the other. iCloud is a service provided by Apple.

I thought I basically have unlimited room on Dropbox.

If you have a paid personal account, you have either 2TB or 3TB of space available in your Dropbox account.

Now I’m getting another message that I’m full.

If iCloud is telling you that it's full, you could move some files from iCloud to Dropbox, since you have plenty of space there now. You can use the Files app on your iPhone or iPad to move files between the two services.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?