Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded to the Professional plan to use the Rewind feature to restore a file. Can you help?

Hammer1
Explorer | Level 3

I migrated from one computer to another, and the current year budget file in my accounting program just disappeared. I signed up for a "Professional" trial to get access to rewind, but I'm only getting a 3 day option for a rewind date. My problem occurred 26 days ago.

1 Reply 1

Re: rewind to recover lost file

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Hammer1 - how are you today?

When was the last time you remember seeing this file within your Dropbox account? 

Can you take a look at your account's events page and let me know if you can find any deletion event about this particular file?

Can you maybe check its version history to see if you can restore a previous version somehow?

Also, can you clarify the accounting program you're using and also send me a screenshot of the exact error you get? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?