cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I use Dropbox for my photos, but is there a way to not keep duplicates?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yeah

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I use Dropbox for my photos, but is there a way to not keep duplicates?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there, @Ldft.

If you are using the automatic camera uploads feature, this will be able to track which photos and videos have been uploaded to your Dropbox account via this method.

However, if you have uploaded a photo manually from your camera roll into your account, the camera uploads will not recognize this and you will see the photo uploaded again. If this is the case, you can simply delete on of the copies.

Otherwise, if this does not seem to hit the mark, please check out this article to help identify the cause of the duplicates so we can prevent it happening again.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if your situation is slightly different to anything mentioned in the article above then please let me know a little more detail (eg. are the duplicates in the same location, are you using the camera uploads etc).

Cheers!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I use Dropbox for my photos, but is there a way to not keep duplicates?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there, @Ldft.

If you are using the automatic camera uploads feature, this will be able to track which photos and videos have been uploaded to your Dropbox account via this method.

However, if you have uploaded a photo manually from your camera roll into your account, the camera uploads will not recognize this and you will see the photo uploaded again. If this is the case, you can simply delete on of the copies.

Otherwise, if this does not seem to hit the mark, please check out this article to help identify the cause of the duplicates so we can prevent it happening again.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if your situation is slightly different to anything mentioned in the article above then please let me know a little more detail (eg. are the duplicates in the same location, are you using the camera uploads etc).

Cheers!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?