cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to delete all my documents in dropbox, but do not want to loose it on my PC

I want to delete all my documents in dropbox, but do not want to loose it on my PC

ngk2
Explorer | Level 3

]Hi I am new at this job. I never ever used dropbox and do not want to use it on my PC.. Help me to relocate the documents. The only file I will use is one that me and 2 other persons sending documents to each other

4 Replies 4

Re: I want to delete all my documents in dropbox, but do not want to loose it on my PC

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @ngk2, thanks for reaching out to our Community!

It seems that you enabled the computer backup feature on your Dropbox application.

Deleting these backed up files from your Dropbox will also delete them from your computer, so you'll first need to disable the feature and then move your files back to their original locations.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I want to delete all my documents in dropbox, but do not want to loose it on my PC

ngk2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah, how do I do that please.

We do have one file that we share documents with each other - 3 people will I be able just to keep that file alive on dropbox

Share file

ngk2
Explorer | Level 3

My pc did save and sync all the files on dropbox.  We did have a share file between 3 of us.  I do not want to save all my documents on dropbox and start to save them on local C drive.  I took of the sync on all the documents accept the one we share documents with.  Now I am not able to share any documents on dropbox.  I have a saved file on local C drive : News.  Now I open it in C drive and say, save as and then go to dropbox and save it under the share document News to share.  It does have a blue icon next to it and not the green one in the past and the other team members can see this document.  Help me PLEASE!!!!!

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey, I just merged your new post with this one, to avoid any confusion.

Did you manage to disable computer backup?

Also can you tell me why you're not able to share your file now? Are you getting any errors?

The blue circling arrows icon means that the file is syncing. Does it look like the application is stuck on syncing?

You can check that, if you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your system tray.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    ngk2 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?