cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I want to see the Paper to do's assigned to all my team members.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

i like my team to see the todo list of all other team members, regardless of who wrote the task.

What i see is that i can see "my tasks" or "other tasks"  - which shows only the tasks that i created for the others.

Is there a way to do that?

thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: See todo list of all team

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I understand Orit - thanks for getting back to me on this one!

As our dev team are always looking for ways to improve our services and features, I'll make sure to let them know about your interest in more options for tasks on Paper.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @oritk  - how are you today?

Sorry to ask but are you a part of a team account to begin with? 

I'm only asking because I was just able to access all of my team's tasks on a Paper doc by clicking on the "Things to do" icon from the upper right corner and filtered it to show all. From that point you can also choose to show your tasks, tasks for others as well as the competed ones. I'm attaching a screenshot to show you how it looks like: 

A.png

I hope this helps and please let me know if I'm misunderstanding anything. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks @Walter,

i see the exact same list. However, the "For others" list shows only tasks that I opened for other members in the team. It does not show tasks that other meebers opened for themslves or other.Similarly, other members of the team will not see all tasks that i opened - only their tasks.

An example o fhte use case: We have a meeting and one of the members writes the tasks for the whole team. Aftewards, the team leader cannot see the task of all the team afterwrds.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

In that case, I'd suggest that you used the "@doc" option along with the specific person's task (the task's assignee) for more visibility @oritk !

Let me know if this does the trick for you please.

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

hi @Waler,

i tried this now and indeed - anyone can now see the tasks but - they are registered on them, which is not what we want..

Thanks again, Orit

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I understand Orit - thanks for getting back to me on this one!

As our dev team are always looking for ways to improve our services and features, I'll make sure to let them know about your interest in more options for tasks on Paper.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Walter

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks,

Orit

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I also came here looking for a way to show all tasks in a doc. I created a rather long and complicated project planning doc with many unassigned TODOs, hoping we could use Things to do -> In this doc -> all to see what's not yet assigned, but no dice.

I appreciate the solution suggested above, but it's more a workaround than a solution, and an incomplete one at that. I wouldn't mark this issue as solved.

I see two problems with current behavior:

1. There's no easy way to find issues until they're assigned @ a user (perhaps that's when they become issues in the data model?)
  2. The current rich text rendering breaks my browser's built-in search (CTRL/CMD + F), so I can't even search for the markdown string `[]`
Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?