cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to share a folder but I'm having some trouble with the invitations and the permissions

Highlighted

I want to share a folder but I'm having some trouble with the invitations and the permissions

New member | Level 2

I created a folder with a number of subfolders.  I need to share it with 56 people - so they can upload content to the folder.  

A subset of these people (6 people) need to be able to edit the content.

When I sent the invitations to share from Dropbox - it said there were too many and I had to try again in 24 hours...

If I create a link and share it using my email account - then I think this gives view-only access?  Does that mean that they cannot upload content if you have only view-only access?

Can I share full edit options with 56 people using my email - so i don't have to do 6 people every 24 hours..

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Sharing a folder

Dropboxer

Hi there @LaraLeg, thanks for posting your question here. 

You're right, if you send a shared link, users will only be able to view the folder. 

Since all members of the shared folder will need edit access to be able to add files, you can give those 50 users view-only rights and send them a file request

That way, they will be able to preview the contents, but only add files.

As for inviting them to the shared folder, are you still having trouble with it? 

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?