Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I want to share only one folder in Dropbox, not all folders.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have multiple folders in my Dropbox. I want to share only one folder with a group of people. I created the link and putting it into an email to the group however can you confirm that the group of people will ONLY be able to see that one folder, not all my other Dropbox folders. 

Thanks! 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: sharing one folder in dropbox, not all folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @kate753

Thanks for sharing your concern. Happy to talk about shared links! 

A shared link is a unique path, a door let's say, that can help the receiver access the folder/file you created the link for. Only that item and nothing else in your Dropbox. 

You can always navigate to your "Files" page "Sharing" tab online and "Links" to see the links you have created and even deleted them if you wish. Direct link.

Test. 

You can check what others see, if you click the link yourself. Make sure to open it in an incognito/private browsing window of your browser.  If you are loged in your normal browser mode the link will show a lot more options that what the receivers see. That's why incognito is a must, for this test. 

Click here to lean more about shared links. 

Feel free to ask more questions! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?