cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to stop selective sync and sync everything

Highlighted

I want to stop selective sync and sync everything

New member | Level 1

Hi Guys. When I installed Dropbox on this netbook I chose selective sync and now I want to sync everything. How can I to that? I can't find an option anywhere. Thanks.

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

New member | Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm trying to disable Selective Sync as well and haven't found a way to do it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1

Me too.

Highlighted

Super User II

Just retick the boxes in the Selective Sync menu

www.dropbox.com/help/175

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1

Ticking all the boxes in Selective Sync does not disable Selective Sync. If you create a new folder, it will not automatically sync if Selective Sync is on, I think.

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Ticking all the boxes in Selective Sync does not disable Selective Sync.

In point of fact, that's precisely what it does do.

Highlighted

Super User II

If you create a new folder, it will not automatically sync if Selective Sync is on, I think.

This is not true, since all new folders will sync regardless of your Selective Sync settings.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?