cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to upload some files to Dropbox and then to other platforms. What should I consider?

Highlighted

I want to upload some files to Dropbox and then to other platforms. What should I consider?

Explorer | Level 3

I am wanting to use Dropbox for a period of time to do the following.

If you know the answer to anyone of the following questions can you please email me at the email address below

1. I want to submit 1 music video which I have created of 160 Mb to my facebook.

2. I want to submit 3 music videos I have created (one of them the same as in 1) to You Tube. 160mb, 61.5mb and 29.7mb

3. They are all music videos that I wrote and play on.

4. I then want to submit them to YouTube.

5. I will will be contacting TV channels to see if they will play the videos.

6. My email address is [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

7. Could you also advise on terms and conditions, and anything I should consider or take into account.

Mant thanks

John

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Drop Box conditions

Dropboxer

Hey there @PGmdrv7, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I wouldn't be able to email you directly I'm afraid. However, I'd be more than happy to assist you from here.

For submitting a video to Facebook, would a shared link to the file work for this?

Also, could you clarify for me what you're referring to when you mentioned submitting a video to YouTube? Do you want to upload the videos to YouTube to then share from there?

If so, you wouldn't be able to do this directly from Dropbox. But you can upload the video to Dropbox to download on a device that you can use to upload the video to YouTube like you would with any other video.

If you're just sharing the videos through Facebook, or using Dropbox to transfer videos to another device so you can upload them to YouTube, the main concern really would be that the content isn't Copyrighted.

Since you mentioned that you created these yourself, I would assume that wouldn't be too much of an issue. I would suggest checking out the Terms here though regarding sharing content though in case you have more specific questions?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?