cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use dropbox for my movies.

I want to use dropbox for my movies.

mokingpu
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I want to learn how can I use Dropbox for my movies. My question is if I want to move my movies to Dropbox can I watch as in my local files? I'm thinking to buy Dropbox 2TB account instead of buying a new external hard disk.

My internet is not so fast. Pretty slow actually like 2-3mbit for download and almost 1mbit for upload speed. My other question is if I want to move my files to dropbox should I wait for till all the files are uploaded and while the uploading process is that gonna affect to my internet speed? I'm wondering how to system works exactly.

Would be great to get some help about that.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hello, @mokingpu.I'd be happy to answer these questions for you! 

If you add your movies to your Dropbox account, you should be able to preview them without any issues using the Dropbox desktop application. 

Now, keep in mind that the app and website are both able to upload as fast as your internet speed allows. 

If I were you, I would have a look here. There are helpful articles that'll help you get the best out of Dropbox. 

Can you give it a go? Keep in mind that, we're always here. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?