cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to access a file that was sent to me, but now everything in my hard drive is in Dropbox

I wanted to access a file that was sent to me, but now everything in my hard drive is in Dropbox

marybeth
Explorer | Level 3

I was sent a file in dropbox, but somehow everything in my harddrive is now in dropbox and I think can be seen by the person that sent it.  How do I delete all that stuff that is personal from that file and start over.  Also it says I can't see msg. files.  Please help

1 Reply 1

Re: I wanted to access a file that was sent to me, but now everything in my hard drive is in Dropbox

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @marybeth,

As seems you have turn on Dropbox Computer Backup. Most probably, unintentionally you turned it on by clicking Yes on some question without payed attention what actually it means. Be more careful in  future! Just turn this feature off (take a look on referred help topic) and your issue will gone. 😉

Hope this helps.

Add: Make sure you haven't left your files/folders within Dropbox, but restore them to the original places - chose the proper options.

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?