cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCOMPLETE FILES

INCOMPLETE FILES

TW9
New member | Level 2
A sender added an mp4 file that was 135 mins but what I retrieved had only the first 60 mins. He tried again and same thing. Some in our group were able to get the complete file but a few of us can only access the first 60 mins. Any ideas?
2 Replies 2

Re: INCOMPLETE FILES

Rich
Super User II

@TW9 wrote:
A sender added an mp4 file that was 135 mins but what I retrieved had only the first 60 mins. He tried again and same thing. Some in our group were able to get the complete file but a few of us can only access the first 60 mins. Any ideas?

When you stream a file on the Dropbox website, you're watching (or listening to) a time-limited preview of the original file. The time limit is based on the file owner's account (free accounts can stream the first 15 minutes, paid accounts are 1 hour). To watch the entire video you need to download it to a device and watch it locally.

Re: INCOMPLETE FILES

TW9
New member | Level 2
Rich, thx for this info. I was not aware of this.
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TW9 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?