cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS just sits at "looking for photos" and won't actually upload

IOS just sits at "looking for photos" and won't actually upload

emilyjshaver
New member | Level 2

I am trying to do camera uploads in the dropbox app on my iphone and ive never had a problem until now.  I KNOW there are new pictures to upload, but it just sits on the "looking for photos" and never actually finds them to upload.  Issue started after app update.

I've tried re-starting my phone and closing app fully and neither have worked.

5 Replies 5

Re: IOS just sits at "looking for photos" and won't actually upload

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @emilyjshaver, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Can you please try completely uninstalling the app and then installing it anew after restarting your device?

Let me know how it goes, Emily!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Amr727200
New member | Level 2

I’m having the same issue and have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have also checked privacy settings to ensure that I am allowing uploads to happen. Could the issue be due to the new iOS release and its privacy?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Amr727200, thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear you're also having issues with this.

If this persists on other networks or via cellular data, can you please check if there's any pending update for your device's OS and our mobile app's version?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ouashlee
New member | Level 2
I’m having the same issue. I have uninstalled the app, restarted my phone and re-installed the app and still nothing. It’s just sitting there “looking for photos.” It’s been going on for several months now. I’m very frustrated because I pay for the service yet I’m not getting anything.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Ouashlee, thanks for joining this discussion and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Just to make sure we've got this right, could you clarify the exact version of your device's OS and our mobile app's version as well?

Have you tried clearing the app's cache at all since you first noticed this?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Ouashlee New member | Level 2
    Amr727200 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?