cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS there an e-mail I can list for peope to send files? Or do I hve to share folders every time?

IS there an e-mail I can list for peope to send files? Or do I hve to share folders every time?

New member | Level 2

I want to list an email on my website for people to upload files to me so I can work on them. Or does this have to be done manually every time? Do I have to make a new folder and share it every time?? Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Re: IS there an e-mail I can list for peope to send files? Or do I hve to share folders every time?

Super User II

@supafuzz wrote:

I want to list an email on my website for people to upload files to me so I can work on them. Or does this have to be done manually every time? Do I have to make a new folder and share it every time?? Thanks!

Not an email, but you can use a File Request for this.

Re: IS there an e-mail I can list for peope to send files? Or do I hve to share folders every time?

New member | Level 2

is that for me to send? I want an address for people to send files I don't want to request them..

New member | Level 2

so I guess the answer is no....I have to request every time...

Super User II

@supafuzz wrote:

is that for me to send? I want an address for people to send files I don't want to request them..

No, it's for you to receive. Dropbox doesn't have an email address for you to receive files. It has the File Request feature. You can create a File Request, get the link for it and list it on your site. Anyone that clicks it will be able to submit files to you. This is what it would look like:

New member | Level 2

ok I'll try it out

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?