cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Identifying events for restoration

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Dropbox support have taken negligent actions that have - by their admission - severely damaged our business data.  Now they are not responding to any of my communications.  What should I do?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Identifying events for restoration

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @PB15UK; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this.

Do you happen to have a ticket ID for me to take a look at? It should be an 8 digit number-code attached to your interaction with our support team. 

Let me know when you get your hands on this piece of information and I'll make sure to pass your comments there to expedite matters for you. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Over the past six days, I've had multiple typed chat conversations; direct messaged for hours on twitter; sent public tweets; and repeatedly sent emails.  The same response comes back - the one you have just given me - that they will pass the message on. If the information is forwarded, it's sent to the 'Advanced Agent' - the one admits his 'hasty' actions caused the problem in the first place.  They are extremely sluggish to respond to emails - if at all - and provide no recommendations for action, and no analysis of problems.  Great swathes of time pass without response.

I have asked repeatedly for a mechanisim to make a complaint, and I am told by @dropboxsupport there is none.

In the interim, our business is paralysed because we cannot use dropbox and we are losing staff time and money and clients / work.  I'm sorry to say that I find that the tone of - presumably automated - responses like yours below can have an insincere corporate ring which verges on being patronising.  

I am really surpised and disappointed at the poor levels of service and the impossiblity of getting action or resolution for our problems.

How can I actually get to speak to a person?  My business is being wrecked by Dropbox's inaction.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @PB15UK, thanks for getting back to us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

I understand how important this is for you, however, since this is a public platform, we're not able to have a more in-depth look into this matter. 

If you're investigating this with a members of our team via ticket, they'll be able to better assist as they can to use internal tools and resources to efficiently troubleshoot. 

For this reason, we're more than happy to pass your comments along if you'd like. If so, could you let us know the ticket ID associated? 

Thanks again!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Would you let me know what your complaints procedure is?  Have been again trying to get a response from your agent - but chat, direct message on twitter and multiple emails to him have not worked.  No one else has been made availble to look at the work - despite our requesting a supervisor and  our concerns that the actions he has taken have been hasty and significantly damaging. 

You're saying there is no complaints procedure, no way of getting oversight of the agent's actions, and that we simply have to wait hours and days to get this addressed....

As someone commented to my tweet about this.....it's not cool 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Whether positive or negative, you can let us know what isn't working for you and what you'd like to change here, on the Dropbox Community, and we will make sure to look into it for you. 

Thanks!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?