cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I drag a folder to Dropbox, will only the new changes in the folder update to the cloud?

If I drag a folder to Dropbox, will only the new changes in the folder update to the cloud?

Bengt B.1
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

If I have done changes in a folder in my computer, can I drag the whole folder to Dropbox and will only the new and changed files be updated to the cloud?

Best

beche

12 Replies 12

Bengt B.1
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, I think this is as far as we get and as long as I'll be recalling the files from my computer all is ok but if I would have a crash and be forced to move all files from online to a new computer I will probably be in trouble since I have hundreds of Logic projects. Now this is very unlikely to happen so I'm not too worried but I think I will throw Apple a question and see what they say. If I find out something I'll let you know. Thanks again for your swift saving attempts.

Best 

beche

[link removed as per Community Guidelines]

Bengt B.1
Explorer | Level 4

After consulting Logic forum and experimenting a bit I've come to the conclusion that I zip up the Logic project and then that can be online only. This will work for any file that obstructs.

Thanks for all advice

beche

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

That's great news @Bengt B.1!

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us here with that info too, I'm sure this will be very helpful for anyone else having the same issue. 

I'm just a post away if there's anything else I can help with.

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Bengt B.1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?