cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Searching by product name

Image Searching by product name

Explorer | Level 3

My company has a Dropbox Buisness plan. We are looking for an effective way to be able to search by the name of a product and find all of the images that include that product in it. We sell a wide range of colors of the same products so we would want to search by the name of the color. This would most likely need to be something done when uploading the file we would need to note the colors that are in the file, but how can this be done where it will appear in a search. Some images contain many different colors so listing out the colors in the file name would make it too long and confusing. Any advice on what we could do? 

1 Reply 1

Re: Image Searching by product name

Dropboxer

Hey @briannad00, thanks for reaching out to us. 

You can search images in your Dropbox account based on the content in them. 

You should be able to do this by signing in to the website, or opening the desktop or mobile app.

If you're also looking to use a sort of tagging system in your photos, although there isn't an option to do this to every photo individually, you can check out this thread

There, you can comment alongside like-minded users have expressed their interest, and upvote the idea. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?