cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image preview broken when logged in

Image preview broken when logged in

Helpful | Level 5

Hello all,

While logged into my account I created a new folder using Chrome browser.  I dragged a group of images into the folder and they transfered successfully into my account.  I was able to veiw the images with no problems.

I then created a link to share the folder.  Now I am unable to preview the images in the browser while I'm logged into the account.  Thumbnails display correctly.  When I open the image it acts like its loading but never does.  If I refresh the page, eventually the image comes up but when I cycle to the next image it hangs again.  I've removed my extensions in Chrome (popup blockers) and tested other browsers but see the same thing.

If I click on my shared link and view the images as a guest in the same browser I don't see any problems.  

Anyone else see this bug?

Thanks,

-db

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Image preview broken when logged in

Helpful | Level 5

Hello Walter,

Thanks for the follow up.  It looks like the issue has been resolved.  Chrome version is Version 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Tested on Win10 and Win7 machines with no problems.  It's kind of a weird bug that was present for a day and 1/2.  I tend to believe it's an indexing issue or something on the server side because it spanned multiple browsers and OS's.  It was just strange that it only presented when logged in.  Thanks again for the help!

-db

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer

Hi @Danno_ST; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with previewing your files on our website.

As you've done some troubleshooting already, could you try clearing your browser's cache and let me know you get the same results? 

If you do, please send me the version of the web browser you're using and a screenshot of how the page looks like on your end.

Thanks so much! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5
Hello Walter,

Cache cleared, no effect. Running latest Chrome on Win 7 and Win 10 machines. Also failed in Brave on Win 10. Failure is blank white image with the loading dots. Funny thing is it works for a bit but when it fails it persists through cache clear and reboots. The other weird thing is it works until I log into my account. I'll get you screenshots and versions when I get home.

Dropboxer

Hey @Danno_ST; any updates on the matter?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hello Walter,

Thanks for the follow up.  It looks like the issue has been resolved.  Chrome version is Version 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Tested on Win10 and Win7 machines with no problems.  It's kind of a weird bug that was present for a day and 1/2.  I tend to believe it's an indexing issue or something on the server side because it spanned multiple browsers and OS's.  It was just strange that it only presented when logged in.  Thanks again for the help!

-db

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this one @Danno_ST; I'm glad to hear it's sorted now.

I guess temporary hiccups like this are somewhat expected nowadays with so much people working remotely; right? 

In any case, I appreciate you circling back here to let me know about this and we're always a post away if you have any Dropbox questions or even suggestions. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and see you around the Community! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?